Recreation Summit 2017 – Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
Recreation and Technology
The event was a success! The presenters have offered their presentations below.
- Why Our Brains Need Nature Now More Than Ever – Dr. Michael Cheng, Staff Psychiatrist, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), University of Ottawa
- Engaging of Patients – Kyle Scott, PhD Candidate in the School of Human Kinetics, Division of Prevention and Rehabilitation, Exercise Physiology and Cardiovascular Health Lab, University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- Penguins Can Fly – Dr. Vicki Keith, Marathon Swimmer
- Playground Planners – Maryanne Swinimer, President
- Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority – Krista Fazackerley, Supervisor, Communications & Education.
Visit CRCA Facebook to see more information on programs.
- ‘Power Off and Play’ – Alexis Green, Co-Facilitator, Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville
MDS 27th Network Day – Friday, October 20th, 2017
- Where Are We Now?
- Lived Experience with Opioids and Overdose – Leila Attar
- Known Health Effects of Cannabis – Bonnie Schnittker PHN, LGLDHU
- Intersections (early intervention program) – Rachel Burns, RNJ Youth Services
- Smiths Falls Police Service (diversion program) - CTS Tompkins
High Five training Saturday, June 3rd, 2017
Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit 2017
– Wednesday, May 31st and Thursday, June 1st, 2017
Municipal Drug Strategy Network Day Friday, May 26th, 2017
– Theme Youth Engagement and Protective Factors
Rural Recreation Association Spring Event 2017 - Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Recreation
- Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 at the Beckwith Recreation Complex. Approximately 35 people attended. Most of the Speaker Presentations are available below
- Key Note Speaker – Dr Paula Stewart, Medical Officer, Leeds Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit. It takes a Community…
- Nature 4 Life! video was featured
- Having Your Hobby Pay For Itself – Steve Tripp, Wilderness Instructor, Wilderness Tripping
- The Benefits of Functional Conditioning – Chris Burgess, Trainer, Armory Strength. Presentation not available
- Yoga Builds Community – Brenna Bellhouse, Yogipreneur, Inner Revolution
- Geocaching – Tammy Hurlbert, Recreation Coordinator, Municipality of North Grenville. Presentation not available
- Interactive Trails – Catherine Orfald, conexdesign
- MAPSacks – Vicki Stevenson, Programs, Rideau Lakes Public Library
- Recreation Lending Library - Kim Goodman, Recreation & Facilities Coordinator, Township of Leeds and Thousand Islands