- RRA Event - Recreation Summit 2013 - Thursday, November 14, 2013
- RRA Event - March 22, 2013 - "Outdoor Fun and Restoration"
Let’s GOGO!! Event Summary Report:
Dr Paula Stewart’s (Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, Medical Officer of Health) keynote address, ‘Nature and Your Health’, was right on target. She had the evidence, the passion, the audience engaged, and wonderful photography to complement her presentation.
The participants went outdoors for 3 sessions:
- Pole Walking – Kate Collins
Outdoor Fitness – Kristy Giles
- Build a Bird Feeder – Clifford Bennett
- Geo-caching – Rebecca Whitman
Sarah Dobrowolski engaged the participants to try skipping. She then finished with a demo of CANskip. She amazed us all!
The morning concluded with a Local Outdoor Panel followed by a question period:
- Trail Development – John MacLeod, FABR
- Conservation Programming – Rebecca Whitman, RVCA
- Getting Involved –Cliff Bennett, MV Field Naturalists
- Outdoor Fitness – Kristy Giles, Out of the Woodz;
The presentations were very informative and included great visuals.
The morning was followed by a catered lunch and opportunity for networking.
Forty-four participants agreed that the workshop was a great success!
- March 20, 2013 - "Knowledge to Action - School Travel Planning"
Dr. Paula Stewart
Medical Officer of Health
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
*Please allow up to 48 hours for an email response.